14 May 2009

Origin is discovered of grand piano at Sackett's Hill House


The following, received from a visitor to sackettfamily.info, not only adds a snippet of Sackett history, but also demonstrates the extraordinary reach of the Internet:

"Dear Chris,
I’ve just been reading the story about Sacketts Hill House and found it very interesting. I own the grand piano that is shown in the pictures. It was owned by Mr Lockyer, bought when he got married in about 1911 from the Army and Navy Stores in London for £50. It is nice to see it as it was back in situ up to 1935. I have the photogragh of the sitting room showing the piano. Apparently, Mr Lockyer was a musician who also sang.
Now that I know its history, I will take great care of the instrument. Again, many thanks for your site and its information.
Robert Clatworthy"

No comments:

Post a Comment